Nigeria’s president Muhammadu Buhari has requested that the senate confirm the appointment of one of his aides as INEC commissioner.
The senate has received a letter from President Muhammadu Buhari asking it to confirm the appointment of one of his media aides, Lauretta Onochie, as a National Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission representing Delta State and four others.
Others are Prof. Mohammed Sani Katsina), Prof. Kunle Ajayi (Ekiti), and Seidu Ahmed (Jigawa).
The letter was read by the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, on the floor of the Senate on Tuesday.
Onochie is the Special Assistant to the President on Social Media.
The names are:
1. Prof. Muhaamad Sani – Katsina State
2. Lauretta Onochie – Delta State
3. Kunle Cornelius Ajayi – Ekiti State
4. Seidu Ahmad – Jigawa State
1. Engr. Ifeanyi Christian – South East
2. Muhammad Gambo – North East
3. Prof Abubakar Ismaeel – North West
— The Nigerian Senate (@NGRSenate) October 13, 2020